Senior Secondary School
High Impact School
“High School is the preview of life’s coming attractions”
Curriculum I Methodology I Evaluation and Assessment I Activities
The senior wing of DWPSNE displays the perfect panorama of creativity, innovation, academic excellence in conformity with psychological, pedagogical and social principles which reflects unambiguity towards success. The wing is divided into Senior School and Senior Secondary School. Moving into class 9 in the senior school entails an exhaustive syllabus and pattern for the student, who, at this stage, are expected to become more independent in their learning; however, a close and supportive relationship continues to exist between students and teachers. To ensure continuity between teachers and students, teachers take students up from class 9th to class 12th in many subjects.
We have a varied superfluity of subjects and skills based subjects for our students in this wing.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE/MEDIA/RETAIL
- FINE ARTS
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- LIFE SKILLS
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
Beginning with Senior Secondary, the last two years at DWPSNE – classes XI and XII form a separate programme. The school offers subject choices from Science, Commerce, Humanities and Skill Based Vocational Subjects as main streams to be chosen by the students. The hard work, passion and dedication of the senior secondary wing beautifully carve the future of children. The school not only focuses on the foundation building but also targets over vocational studies for a better tomorrow.
In order to upgrade the skills and proficiency of the young generation and also to provide them awareness to explore about various career options, DWPSNE has welcomed CBSE guidelines with immediate effect. This skill education envisions imparting the procedural knowledge and skills to our students that will enable them to excel and emerge successful in real situation of both work and life. Hence, aalongside literacy and numeracy, another skill needed in our workforce today is creativity. Cultural education subjects integrating LIFESKILLS help young people to unlock their innate creativity with Logical reasoning, enabling them to become more rounded and confident human beings.
- Art-in-Education (AIE)- Integration of creative art and craft skills to understand, analyze and express the concepts in all the other disciplines like languages, mathematics, science & social science. This concept of AIE uses the visual arts to teach concepts of social studies, science, language, arts and math curricula. It is also an Ideal cross-disciplinary experience for visual arts teachers who want to integrate the arts into other disciplines or for non-arts teachers who want to venture into the world of art. These activities can be a part of visual art class or assigned as homework or in-class assignments in other disciplines.
- Life Skills-in-Education (LIE): Different methods that are used to enhance Life Skills in students are: Worksheets, Class discussions, Brainstorming Role plays, Special Assembly based on Life Skills topics, Case studies, Storytelling, Debates etc.
- Reading in Education: Class Library and the exhaustive School library is a regular period for students and diligently carried out. A Library card is issued to keep ensuring that the students are taking and reading books. The Library ensures stock-up of books and Students!
Plethora of modern-age subjects and skills Subjects offered is:
- BUSINESS STUDIES
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- FINE ARTS
- FASHION STUDIES
- HOME SCIENCE
- IINFORMATIVE PRACTICE
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- APPLIED MATHEMATICS
- BEAUTY AND WELLNESS
- EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE
At DWPS we have various evidences of success due to the unbeatable methodology followed. We also focus on the following to achieve our goal of holistic development:
Intellectual development: Teachers helps students to develop the ability to analyze critically, reason, think independently, acquire basic learning skills and bodies of knowledge
Human and social development: They help the learners in developing a sense of self-worth and personal initiative, appreciation of the fine arts, understanding of cultural heritage, sense of social responsibility
Career development: school also prepares students to attain their career and occupational objectives; assist in the development of effective work habits and the flexibility to deal with change in workplace
Evaluation and Assessment
We believe in holistic development and evaluation. It is done periodically, depending on the cognition and practical based acquired knowledge of the students. The general pattern followed is:
- Unit Test (UT)
- REVISION TEST
- PREBOARD I/ PREBOARD II (X AND XII)
- Term I/Term II
Practical exams are conducted with the midterm and finals. Subjects like fine Arts and Yoga carries more weightage for the practical.
School also provides national and international platforms to students for showcasing their skills and talent. Productive minds of DWPS family have already created the benchmarks recognized by CBSE and various other authorities.
Students brought laurels participating in programs like MUN, storytelling competition organized by CBSE etc.
School offers age-appropriate activities which help in physical, psychological, emotional, cognitive, social development like sports yoga robotics astronomy and more. The zeal and passion of the students is never let down by the most promising group of teachers we have at our school.
Subject appropriate activities are encouraged to keep the mode of teaching more engaging and child centered. Some such activities are enlisted here:
- Group discussion
- Role play
- Case study
- Project based learning
- Career counselling
- Psychoanalytical and psychometric tests
- Hands on activities like therapeutic cooking, stitching, fabric painting and designing, flower arrangement, vegetable carving and sand work
- Garment and fashion designing
- Computer coding and comprehensive learning
- Robotics activities
Enlisted ones are just the glimpse of what we do at DWPS school. There is a lot more which one can discover and make beautiful memories before departing for a successful and ambitious tomorrow.